The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Two Month-i-versary

I think of my sweet Luisa on a daily basis, but it seems that the past couple of days, including today, she has been in my thoughts more prominently and my heart has felt more tender and sensitive with memories of her. And I just realized a moment ago that today marks two months since I delivered Luisa at Banner Estrella hospital ( the best hospital with the best nurses EVER). I wonder if my spirit realized that before my human self did and that is why I have recently been more emotional in regards to her. Either way, I'm glad. I want to remember, I like to remember. As of now, when I think on her, thoughts of Christ are right there with those thoughts of her, and then thoughts of Heavenly Father. And I think about how blessed I was with peace and great love and support from family and friends. Those are sweet things to think upon. I want to share with you a quote from C.S. Lewis, that I just read over on the blog Amazing Mikayla Grace:

“Grief is not, as I thought, a state, but a process.
Like a walk in a winding valley which gives you a new landscape every few miles.”
- C.S. Lewis

I love that quote, and I believe that it is true. Thanks to you who keep up with this blog and send me your loving thoughts and support through your comments, messages, and prayers. I feel so grateful for you all.

5 comments:

  1. Hugs & love to you on this 2 month mark. I do think those milestones affect us sometimes without us even realizing their significance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you said "my spirit realized that before my human self did..." I have tried to put this idea into words many times and haven't been able to. I often feel this way regarding my daughter's anniversaries. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kat, you are amazing. Your honesty and bravery are truly a beautiful tribute to sweet Luisa. We love you all of you. Sending you big hugs from all of us.

    ReplyDelete