The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Monument

I think my grandmother is a saint. She is very dear to me. She is a woman that has had a lot of sorrow in her life and has seen several loved ones pass away before her from a very young age, including one of her sons. She sent me the following poem with a beautiful figurine of a mother with two little boys.

The Monument

God,
Before He sent His children to earth
Gave each of them
A very carefully selected package
Of problems.

These,
He promised, smiling
Are yours alone. No one
Else may have the blessings
These problems will bring you.

And only you
Have the special talents and abilities
That will be needed
To make these problems
Your servants.

Now go down to your birth
And to your forgetfulness. Know that
I love you beyond measure.
These problems that I give you
Are a symbol of that love.

The monument you make of your life
With the help of your problems
Will be a symbol of your
Love for me.
Your Father.

by Blaine M. Yorgason

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Poem! I just passed it onto my friend who lost her baby recently too. Thank you for sharing. Excited to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete