The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Faith and Perspective

During one of my daily scripture studies, I came across this quote from a leader in my church:

"We live to die, and we die to live again. From an eternal perspective, the only death that is truly premature is the death of one who is not prepared to meet God."
-Elder Russell M. Nelson

And who is better prepared to meet God than a sweet, innocent baby? That statement brings me comfort.

Having gone through the experience of losing a child to death and then going through the grieving process has really opened my eyes more to trials and hardships that we all go through. It is my belief that life was meant to be hard. And I think that if we look hard enough we are always going to find someone who is in a worse spot than we are. These hard times in life are a test of our faith and commitment to our Heavenly Father. Keeping in mind that others are going through really difficult times helps to keep my own situation in what I think is a proper perspective. Its not easy, but like I said, life is not supposed to be easy. In that same talk by Elder Nelson, he goes on to say:

"...our faith now becomes part of our posterity's faith later..."

Thinking about that helps me to see that me having faith that all will be well is not just for me, but for my family and loved ones,too. Again, not easy, but I know its the right thing to do.

2 comments: