The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Moving On

2011, no doubt, was a tough year. It's all still quite fresh in my mind. But, 2011 is over and 2012 has begun. A year of new beginnings. Beginning a year with a nice fresh start as a mother to an angel baby. Another year to become a better mother to the two precious boys that I have been blessed with and to welcome yet another daughter into our little family. Another year to become more of the woman that I long to become.

Losing a baby was the hardest thing I have had to go through in my life so far. It is not something that I would wish on anyone. If it were to happen to anyone I know, oh how my heart would weep for them because I know how hard it is. But I really feel that I am a better woman for having been through this experience. Not a perfect woman, far from that, but a better one. I know that a HUGE reason why I was able to get through this experience without falling into a pit of despair was because of prayer. My own, but I think even more, the prayers of others. I know that my Heavenly Father was been with me on this journey every step of the way and often times He carried me through. He is there for us whenever we need Him, but most especially when our hearts our broken and we just don't feel that we can't do anything more. I am grateful for the lessons I have learned. I am grateful that this experience has made me even more sure that there is a Heavenly Father, and He does love us, and He will and wants to help us, and He knows all of us so, so personally.

And now I bring a close to this little blog dedicated to my daughter Luisa, my angel baby girl. The journey isn't over, it isn't the end. But I think that I have said and recorded all that needs to be on here. Thank you for reading. My heart goes out to you with the sincerest sympathy if you are reading this because you are going through a similar experience.

2 comments:

  1. Happy new year. Are congratulations in order, did I read right that you're expecting?

    ReplyDelete