The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Now What Do I Do

All that I can do is pray, have faith, hope, and serve. Oh, and keep busy. I normally don't like to open up about problems that I go through with a lot of people, but with this challenge, I have felt the desire, and the need to share with people. I think that it is big enough that I knew, or Heavenly Father was prompting me, to do this because I would need the faith and prayers of my family and friends. I don't think I can fully express my gratitude for that faith and prayers, as well as their kind words and, in some case, what I thought were enlightened words.

I had one friend who shared this thought with me, "Thank you so much for allowing us to know of your struggles and exercise our faith and trust in Heavenly Father regarding your precious baby girl. What a wonderful gift you have been given to carry such a choice spirit. How perfect that perhaps her entire earthly experience will be one where she is snuggled so close to her faithful, loving mother's spirit. Our prayers will continue to be with you all." So beautiful, and it really helped lift me when I was feeling particularly low.

And then another friend shared this, "Thank you so much for keeping me informed. I am sorry for the difficulty that you are experiencing, but, I know that it will bless your life. You are both such fine people and you have the spirit with you to bear you up. I think you are involved in a great celestial event that we don't understand at this time. We do know that little Luisa is celestial being that needs a body and yours is being used to accomplish that work. You can be grateful for the opportunity. "Be not weary in well-doing for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things procdeedeth that which is great." It gave me a different perspective about this challenge.

Another thing I have done is not only turned to my Heavenly Father in heartfelt, and sometimes tearful, prayer, but also contemplative scripture study. I have really been drawn to the Bible to the stories of Esther, Ruth, Hannah, and Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ. I have been uplifted and inspired by how these women of the Bible faithfully approached the challenges before them. I have spent quite a bit of time thinking about Mary, the Mother of Jesus Christ, and contemplated how she must have felt knowing how her sweet baby would be great and wonderful, but also be a man of sorrows, and then have His life end in such a violent manner. I have a feeling that she knew the prophecies about the Messiah. She was a holy, righteous woman, so I have no doubts that she knew what her Son, who would also be her Saviour, would have to do. And of course I have studied and contemplated about Jesus Christ himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment