The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Renewing Strength

Yesterday we made the long 10 hour journey up to Utah to bury our sweet Luisa's body. Her burial service will be next week. 10 hours is a long time to just sit. I tried to read, but my heart was just not into it. Then my mind started wandering, and I had a brief memory come to mind of a conversation that I had with my 3 year old. He had said, "Mommy, I want Luisa to come out so I can play with her." This was before she passed away. But yesterday while on our 10 hour journey my mind responded with, " I did too." I then had a brief image of smiling and laughing with a sweet, chubby baby girl and that was the beginning of the end of me being strong for the day and the rest of the journey was a combination of tears and trying to hold back tears.

So today I vowed to start the day anew on a strong positive note. The only way that I know how to do that is to start the day with scripture study, meditation and prayer. This routine, unfortunately has not been happening lately. But today it happened and what a difference it makes. I was drawn to Isaiah, because there are a few scriptures there from Handel's Messiah, and my recent performance of The Messiah is still fresh in my mind.

Isaiah 40: 31 - "But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint."

I felt my strength being renewed. With this in mind I felt ready for the day. We went to the cemetery and saw the special, peaceful spot where sweet Luisa will be buried. We ordered daisies to be put on her casket by her big brothers and cousins, and a nice evergreen floral arrangement since it is so stinkin' cold and snowy here and an evergreen arrangement is the only thing that has a chance of lasting more than a day.

3 comments:

  1. I pray you find the renewed strength and peace your family needs right now. I know it is tough, but your family is who will help you through the tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you as you prepare to lay Luisa's body to rest. HUGS for the difficult week ahead! So thankful you have felt a renewed strength today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry, I send you my hope and preayers that God can sustain and comfort you in this difficult momments, that you can feel his powerfull hands carring you all the time.

    Hugs,
    With love,
    Joana

    ReplyDelete