The Reason

This blog was started as a way for me to record our, my daughter Luisa and our family's, journey with Amniotic Band Syndrome that presented itself on the head of our sweet daughter. And has turned into a journey of dealing with a fatal prognosis, and the very premature death of our sweet baby. My great hope is that we might be able to help at least someone, if not more, by sharing this experience.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Stylish Blogger



Thank you Jamie and Melissa for giving me this award. So here are the rules:

1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!

Here are seven things about myself:
1. My name is Kathleen, but most everyone calls me Kat ( except for my family ), but I do not like cats.
2. I am a teacher by trade, elementary school, I taught 1st and 2nd grade at various times for 6 years and I have been a stay at home mom for about 3 1/2 years. And today I decided that I am going to be a professional Mom because although I liked aspects of teaching ( the kids, other teachers ) there were a lot of aspects I didn't like ( the paper work, NCLB), and I want to spend my life doing something I love, and right now that is being a mom. Although I think being a baker would be great too.
3. I have a big fear of flying in an airplane through a tornado with scorpions crawling up my leg. It hasn't happened yet THANK GOODNESS!
4. I love to drink hot cocoa. I even had a hot cocoa bar at my wedding reception. Unfortunately, living in a hot desert, my hot cocoa season is very short.
5. I am Puerto Rican. Well, half Puerto Rican, so I guess I'm Gringa-Rican. My mom was born and raised on the island, a beautiful place that I love, and my dad is from California. They met at college and the rest is history.
6. I hate cleaning bathrooms, especially showers and I hate potty training.
7. I love hanging out with my husband, taking my kids to the park, Cherry Coke, chocolate chip cookies ( and the dough), the band Coldplay, earrings and taking sunday afternoon naps.

That is basically me in a nutshell. Now this next part is kind of hard for me because I have not recently discovered 15 bloggers, so I might have to break the rule here. I hope thats ok.

1. Kara from Karinne Claire. The first baby loss mom that I "met". I will always be so grateful that I discovered the blog about her sweet daughter that also passed away from Acrania. She is a very hopeful and positive person.

2. Joanna from Beloved Vitoria. Oh how I love this sweet mother from Brazil, and her sweet daughter Vitoria. A true miracle. Vitoria is an Acrania survivor and she just celebrated her first birthday! I am so happy for that family.

3. Jennifer from Eli's Valley. This mother has some very profound postings that I have really enjoyed reading.

4. Sheri from Desperately Seeking Solid Ground, who's daughter Olivia also had ABS on her head resulting in premature delivery.

5. Amy from Bethany-Hope, another baby loss Mommy with some thoughtful postings.

6. Jamie from Forget Me Not Oh Lord who has been so sweet and uplifting for me during my own difficult time.

7. Melissa from Amazing Mikayla Grace, I have been touched by her story, the story of the premature death of her daughter, as well as her, Melissa's journey of healing.

Ok here is where I might be breaking some rules... I am just going to stop here because those are my most recently discovered blogs. Not quite 15, but all 7 have been helpful to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment